The big mistake most women make is neglecting their facial toners. These facial toners can work wonders on the skin and make you glow. These facial toners are actually a liquid exfoliator. You are meant to use it after using a cleanser on your face but then cleansers, exfoliators, and moisturizers are the basic skincare ladies use.
A facial toner is not a cleanser by the way; it does a lot more than a cleanser can do. It eliminates particles from your skin that a cleanser might leave. It mainly does a more in-depth job than a cleanser.
Facial toners help in matching your skin’s pH and also offer protection from environmental hazards to the skin. These facial toners also help you to get rid of the dead skin and oils that accumulate on your skin in addition to soothing and reviving your skin. It also helps in better absorption of the moisturizers which you apply after using the facial toner.
How to Use These Facial Toners
Facial toners are a great attachment to your beauty care routine. It keeps your skin clean by taking away the dead skin, dirt, oil, that is not effectively removed by a cleanser. It also enables better absorption of beauty products, which you might apply after using the toner. You are also less likely to get any bad skin conditions like acne.
If you have decided to get a facial toner, it’s very easy to apply. Just take a few drops on your cotton pad and lightly wipe it across your skin. You can then start to apply your moisturizer, cream or whatsoever you usually apply on your skin.
Picking The Right Facial Toner
Do not listen to what people say when it comes to picking the right toner for your skin. Your skin may not be the same as your sister or friend. So, the first thing to do is to know your type of skin.
- If you are prone to acne outbreaks, select a toner that contains salicylic acid. This will help treat as well as inhibit the outbreak of acne. You may also pick ones with hyaluronic acid which helps to keep your skin balanced.
- If you are prone to skin eruptions, alcohol-free toners are also a good choice. Most skin issues arise because of excess oil and these toners will get rid of the excess oil and yet not dry out your skin.
- Pick a glycerine-based toner, if you have dry skin. Glycerine moisturizes the skin so well, It will make your skin soft, smooth and prevent it from drying out.
- If you have sensitive skin, it’s best you seek out a toner that contains aloe vera, which has incredible soothing qualities.
- For people above 40 years of age, you may choose a facial toner that contains antioxidants and vitamins. They offer protection against lines and wrinkles on the skin.