Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 20mins
Cook Time: 1hr 40mins
Total Cook Time: 2hrs
Roast Chicken Recipe:
Half Roast Chicken is an enjoyable chicken recipe; the chicken is roasted along with veggies before pouring and heating in German Dunkelweizen (beer mix). This dish is just perfect for a family get together.
Ingredients for Half Roast Chicken
- Whole chicken (skin on- rinsed and dressed)
- 2-3 Onions (quartered- skin on)
- Cooking oil
- 1 bulb Garlic (halved – skin on)
- 5-6 Carrots (roughly quartered)
- 1/2 cup Celery, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 250 Ml German Dunkleweizen (keep open in a glass at room temperature for an hour or two to make flat)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- To taste Sea salt
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
Procedure to Make Half Roast Chicken
1. Preheat oven.
2. In a greased oven tray, line the carrots, garlic, celery, onions, and thyme.
3. On the tray, place the chicken, scrub with oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Roast the chicken till the juices run clear.
5. Remove the chicken from the tray and reserve/rest.
6. Pour the german dunkelweizen into a different tray turn the oven to the highest heat setting and let it bubble for five minutes.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and put all contents to a saucepan before adding in the chicken stock and the butter.
8. Lessen the mixture of the beer, and chicken stock till it coats a spoon, reduce the salt.
9. Better served with buttery mashed potatoes.
Cooking oil, Whole chicken (skin on- rinsed and dressed), Onions (quartered- skin on), Garlic, Carrots, Celery, Thyme, Dunkleweizen, Chicken stock, Sea salt, Butter.